Saturday, February 05, 2005

Day Late......

So much for posting yesterday. Got home from work and forgot that we were going out to dinner with our friends Doug and Kathy. Doug had decided that he was going to try sushi for the first time so we went to Mikuni's, a really delicious and fun sushi/Japanese restaurant. If you are ever in the Sacramento area, and you love sushi, this is the place to go.

While I was sick, I was able to finish my Sockapalooza socks.

Sockapalooza Socks are Done Posted by Hello


So, what do you think? I hope that my sock pal likes them....I do. I also worry about fit. They fit me, they fit my daughter.....worry worry worry. I am going to wash them tonight so they are nice and clean. I also think I will add a surprise in the package for my sock pal. Any suggestions?

Finished Shawl Posted by Hello


I also finished this shawl last night. I decided to go much longer than the pattern stated. It is about 68" long and the pattern only called for 52". I wanted to be able to wrap this around me since the guys at work love to keep the office cold. The changes with the colors in the yarn really bothered me at first. You can really tell when the colors changed or when I changed skeins. Oh well, it is really soft and warm so I love it anyway.

I have just barely started Mariah. I hope to work on that this weekend along with Drift for my daughter and my THING. I really have been ignoring my THING. It just keeps staring at me from my basket saying, "I'm still here! You can't ignore me!" I can't figure out why I keep avoiding it. I learned so much when I first started it....but now, I really don't want to continue. Is it because it is arcrylic (ew)? Is it because I am working on other fun projects? Hmm.......maybe I can work on it International Pajama Day????

4 comments:

Violet said...

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I really appreciate it. Looking forward to Stitches.....Knitti-me, email me and we can meet up!

alison said...

Great job on your socks! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful colours on the socks and shawl - just gorgeous

Karlie said...

*Your* socks are so pretty! Everyone's are! I really like the wool you used, it looks soft and cuddly. I'm going to send a pressie along to my sockapalooza pal as well, maybe some stitch markers? Or pretty coloured needles? (I have a problem, because I keep telling people I'm a sockapaloozer - but that sounds bad. Sockapaloozee?)