Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Secret Pal 4 questionaire

That was weird. I created a post on Monday and lost connection to the internet. I was tired and cranky (PMS) and figured it would just be lost. Guess what?!? It's there. Look below and you can see my "lost" post. I thought it was gone forever.

Here is the Secret Pals 4 questionaire:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am a bit of a snob. I prefer natural fibers and tend to lean towards those. I will purchase blends for washability and wear (especially for the kids).

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I haven't tried spinning yet, but am interested in learning. I think that I will have to wait on this one as the husband is a bit overwhelmed with all of the yarn I currently own! I do crochet. Not as often as I knit, but I do have some crochet projects lined up for the near future.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I am allergic to dogs and cats, but I have them anyway!! The worst for me is tree pollen....I don't do well in the spring.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I have been knitting for about 5 years.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Of course! That's the only what to let my hubby know what I want as presents!!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I prefer light scents. Florals or something fresh.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Crazy question!!! I love chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Pretty much just knitting and crocheting.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like a real variety of music, but alternative rock is my fave.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Favorite colors are blue and green. I prefer the darker shades like navy blue or forest green. I have also started to like pinks, plums, and reds.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live in a big house with my DH of 16 years, 2 kids (son-15, daughter-11), my MIL (yes, she is nice to live with) and my BIL. This is what happens when you buy a big house!! I also have two dogs and a crazy cat.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I would love to stay home full time and devote myself to my knitting! hehe......I know, how am I going to pay for my yarn addiction???

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Hard to say on this one. I love Debbie Bliss and Jo Sharp yarns. I also love Karabella and Rowan.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I am not fond of 100% arcrylic. I have found it to be hard to work with. That doesn't mean that I will not use it. Just that it would be my last choice.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I definitely have obsessions! I really love knitting socks, lace, shawls, and sweaters. Just a few things. I would definitely have to say that shawls and socks are my fave right now. Not that it won't change depending on the mood.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
see above!!!

17. What are you knitting right now?
Where do I start???? Currently knitting two shawls, a pair of socks, a serape, a long cardigan, and a teddy bear. Also working on the THING.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I like them. I can wear them with T-shirts. I also wear them around the house when it gets cold.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Definitely circulars.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Aluminum is my fave (have lots of addi turbos). I will use wood or plastic dpns (Brittany Birch and Bryspun) for socks.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Definitely!

22. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself! Used Vogue Knitting and found lots of help online.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
If you want to count this one.....I will never complete it. A tunisian crochet afghan that I started about 10 years ago. It sits in the bottom of a basket as a liner now. Other than that, the oldest is an afghan for my husband that I started in October 2004.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love Tigger!!! I also love to play Pokemon with my kids, so the favorite from that series would be Pikachu!

25. What is your favorite holiday?
I would have to say Christmas. It is the time of year that I get to spend with my family.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Pretty much yarn and needles!!

Well, that's it for now. I will post some pictures of what I have been working on later this week. Tomorrow night is Stitch n Bitch with my friend Lauren. This is going to be a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very helpful for the Sockapalooza knitter as well, methinks.

Muhahahahaha.

Sockapalooza out, man. :)