Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Brrrr!

Been cold (for California) here this week. No sun + lots of fog= cold weather. Now I know that people in other parts of the world would think that our weather is beautiful, but I am not use to weather in the 40s all week. So, to combat the cold, my DD and George are pictured below, snuggling up on the couch, while we watched Harry Potter for the umpteenth time.

Happy Kids Posted by Hello

George was especially happy since he (an indoor cat) had escaped, unknown to all, and spent the night outside. Poor kitty. He was so happy to be in. I can't remember a time when he wanted to spend so much time with everyone, including DH!

Now guess what I have gone and done. I am such a groupie. I have joined Knitter's Review Secret Pals 3. I know what you are thinking: another one??? Just call me crazy. I read about this on Linda's page, so I blame her. If you are thinking about joining me in this craze, make sure that you sign up by Feb. 15.

Faith's Sweater Posted by Hello


Look! It's all done. Faith's sweater is ready to be shipped. Only problem: no tape to close up box. Going to the store tonight with DH to pick up packing tape. Was smart and went to USPS and purchased the mailing labels and printed that out at home. Now I just have to buy tape, tape up those boxes, drop off the boxes at the Post Office and not stand in line all day. I am usually really bad about getting letters and packages sent because I hate going to the post office. But this is going to be really easy now.

Finishing Faith's sweater brought up something I had forgotten: I hate to seam. It's been a while since I had knit a sweater. Well, last one was in September so not really that long ago. That is the whole reason I wanted to knit THING. I have been bad and have been neglecting my thing. (That sounded funny....anyway!) I have just let it sit there, wondering when I will put down one of my many projects and finish it. I promise that I will get it done by the end of the month! Hear that Amy???

Now I am off to go and purchase that packing tape. Did I mention that I also ordered the packaging supplies from USPS and it is free?? That is my favorite price!

1 comment:

Amy said...

ooooh....a challenge! Maybe that's what I need to get going again! I started the sweatshirt pocket but have just let it sit for several days now! Well, you might have just given me the incentive I need to get going again! ;) Any idea what you are doing for your "Son of a Thing" or are you sticking around for that?