Monday, January 03, 2005

Goals for the New Year

With the start of the New Year, lots of people like to set goals, make resolutions, find ways to improve their lives......and like the rest of the sheep, I like to do that too! Sometimes these resolutions actually have an impact on me. It usually happens when I announce to my hubby that I have these goals for myself. Not all are met, but, if I post it here, maybe I will be held more accountable for my goals!

So, here goes......

1. Eat healthy and exercise!
I know, I know....everyone has this goal. But, I really need to do this. I see my mom and she is in such good shape. Woman is...well, can't announce her age....she is much older than me. And she looks great! She takes care of herself, takes her vitamins, walks the dog every night....looks 25 years younger than she is.....I want to be like Mom!!

2. Control my yarn buying....
All knitters and crocheters out there know exactly what I am saying. I have a spare bedroom that is slowing being taken over by my stash. All of my purchases at Elann and eBay are a big part of the problem. The shopper in me sees a great deal and I can't resist! So, I have to learn to control my yarn addiction and only buy if I need. Do they have AA for knitters???

3. Do a better job of staying in contact with friends and family.
This is an important goal. I want my kids to know their cousins. I want to spend time with my Mom and Dad while they are still around. I don't want to lose contact with my friends. Sometimes we just get so busy with everyday, we forget those around us. I want to make sure that doesn't happen.

4. Donate more time and money to church and charities
We in the US have so much money (compared to most of the world).....and time is something that I am so good at wasting! After all that has happened in the world, especially in the last few weeks, donating time and money are the least that I can do.

Well, that's it. Keeping it short and sweet makes it more attainable. Let's see how I do. I think that item 2 will be the hardest.

Exciting knitting news.......

Got two knitterly emails today. The first for Secret Pals 4. This will be starting up Feb. 1. Since I have been reading blogs for a while, but just started blogging myself, I was quite intrigued about the whole secret pal thing. Not knowing many knitters and having the chance to get to know someone with a similar obsession, how could I resist???

Second email that I got was for !!! I was reading blogs (shocker!) and happened to get lucky enough to sign up for this one in time!! Unfortunately, this has been closed to more participants, but maybe there will be another one if this one goes well.

Also want to say "thank you" to Nathania of Purls Beyond Price. She sent me a gift certificate for Adiago Teas. I love tea! So of course I used it right away and am patiently waiting for my teas to arrive.... (Actually, I'm more of an instant gratification kind of person)




4 comments:

StarKnits said...

Hey i'm new to blogging too! and i've got to control my yarn buying habits also! LOL
i just wanted to say i've also signed kup for SP4! i'm so excited about it also!
well just wanted to say hello.

Chelsea said...

Those look like excellent goals, I wish you all the good feeling that will come from achieving them. (Cause it's not a matter of "if" but "when" and "how"...)

Oh. And *Welcome to RAOK*... Union Square and Cozy look fantastic!

jen said...

Thanks for the comment -- I second your list, it's very similar to mine! See you around the ring ... Jenifer
http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

Anonymous said...

Those are great goals. (Well, except for the yarn buying stuff, lol!) Welcome to the FiberRAOK ring - I look forward to reading more from you! :)

Holly
http://knitgirl.typepad.com