Saturday, January 15, 2005

Lots of Pictures!!!

I really should post more often. So much has been going on this past week. I am now part of the Knitting Blogs Web Ring!! That was a nice surprise. I started on some new projects that are pictured below, and I took my first knitting class.

Sock Class Posted by Hello


My first knitting class was a basic sock class held at Filati . The little sock pictured above is what we made. The class really gave me a better way to make socks and has given me a better understanding of reading the sock patterns. The class was taught by Nancy England. If anyone ever gets the chance to take one of her classes, please do! I learned so much. Now my Sockapalooza pal will get some terrific socks!!!


Look Ma! Intarsia! Posted by Hello


This is the front of Faith's sweater. I actually finished itthis week like I had wanted. This was the first time that I had tried intarsia. Much easier than I thought it would be. I am so glad that I finally tried it. Now I will have to try out more color work. I am going to get the sleeves done tonight and tomorrow so that I can seam it up and send it off. I think her mom will be really surprised that I got it done so quickly.

New Shawl Posted by Hello


I started this shawl Wednesday. I found the pattern in Knitter's Winter 2000 magazine. This is a great issue as it has many shawl and sweater patterns. I was thumbing through it last month and rediscovered this pattern. The yarn I am using is Collinette Prism. I was lucky enough to find the skeins I needed on eBay and paid less than half price at other yarn shops online.

Start of Shoalwater Shawl Posted by Hello

I finally started my Shoalwater Shawl from the shawl club by Joslyn's Fiber Farm. I haven't worked with lace weight yarn before. This made me really nervous. I was afraid that I wouldn't do very well and would get frustrated. Of course, this made it really hard for me to start it up. I decided to forget that and go ahead and start. I have made a very small start, but this has really boosted my confidence. I am actually understanding the charts much more that I had been before. Makes a big difference in my confidence level. I also love the yarn. It is a handpainted 2-ply that has a really nice hand. Makes the tiny stitches worth it.

Sockaplooza!!! Posted by Hello


Ok, so I was at Filati so I had to buy something!! So I purchased the sock yarn for my Sockapalooza pal. I hope that she likes these colors. When I saw this yarn, I immediately thought spring. I also read her blog to make sure that these would be colors that she likes. Now I have to decide on a pattern. Elann has some free patterns for self striping socks and I also picked up Folk Solks that has a classic sock pattern that was suggested by Nancy, the sock class instructor. Fortunately, I have a little bit of time to decide.

Ok...the kids and hubby are patiently (not really) waiting for dinner. I really need to post more often so that I cut down on the amount of pictures!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! That sock yarn is lovely and I'm sure your sockapalooza pal will love those spring colors!
I'll stop back by soon to check on your progress!
-Christine
http://www.christinesflowers.com/blog

StarKnits said...

I like pix they are great! i haven't tried socks really... what is sockapalooza..sorry if i spelled that wrong!
looks like you're super busy! keep up the good knitting! ilove seeing the Pix!

Timotab said...

Looking forward to seeing the sockapalooza socks!

--Timothy
http://www.timothy.org.uk/blog/