Thursday, March 03, 2005

Let's get together

We had our Roseville Knitting Meetup last night. Had lots of fun with the gang. That is where I was able to sit and get a lot of work done on Mariah. What I really enjoy about the knitting groups that I belong to is seeing what other people are knitting. There are two reasons that I enjoy this: 1) it encourages me to try new things and 2) watching other learn new techniques. Last night, Marin had waited to continue on her sock so that I could help her on the gusset. I felt very proud that I was actually able to help her. In helping her, I also learned that if I ever want to teach a class, I better learn the different ways to knit! All in all, these knitting groups have been wonderful for the comraderie. All of the people that attend the meetings have a common passion, and we can talk about that passion all night!

Tonight we have Sacramento Stitch n Bitch. Normally, I attend the guild meeting the first Thursday of the month, but tonight, a news crew is going to be filming our SnB. I really don't want to be on TV (honestly, I don't), but I want to make sure that I am there to show my support for the group. I will be bringing my camera again. Maybe Felted Man will be there again??

Late knit along updates: Sorry no update yesterday on Mariah. I have actually finished the sleeves and I am halfway done with the back. No picture today. I will post a picture when I have finished the back and try to get a close up of the cables.

BTW, if you hadn't looked at the frightening ski masks from last Wednesday, Alison found the patterns. I need to make sure that my son doesn't find this out. He wants one???

3 comments:

StarKnits said...

those hats were kinda scary!!! LOL must be a boy thing! LOL
I so know what you mean when you're with other knitters you knit more! i love it! you sound super busy!!
BTW i love your header (i think that we had the same person making them for us!) LOL TTYL

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I put you on tv. It was just a crazy night and you are one in the group that everyone looks to for advice. BTW, you were a natural. It'll be fun for your kids to see you on TV!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I put you on tv. It was just a crazy night and you are one in the group that everyone looks to for advice. BTW, you were a natural. It'll be fun for your kids to see you on TV!