Friday, December 17, 2004

Quickie Update.......

It is Friday!!! Going on vacation to Sonoma for a whole week. Really looking forward to getting away. Mom is coming out (from Florida) on Sunday for Christmas and we get to go wine tasting and shopping! I also get to knit to my heart's content! I have almost finished all of the Christmas presents. The only ones left are the ones for the kids (quick and easy) and the scarf for my mother-in-law.

The kids have approved the patterns for their knitted gifts this year. I found Johnny some really nice wrist bands w/skulls. I told him that I could make him and the GF matching ones. For Tori, she wants basic black legwarmers. Scary to see legwarmers as a fashion accessory again. I can remember these being popular when I was much younger!

Hoping to post pictures later today. I made a shawlette for Mom out of some really fun novelty yarns. I had planned on crocheting her a beaded stole. The one (on the cover) from Lily Chin's book Knit and Crochet with Beads. I have even started it. But, since it is something that will need my utmost concentration, I think I will send it to her for Mother's Day instead. More fun for her to get that in the mail since I am usually just a send-a-card-and-make-a-phone-call person for that day. Also, since she will be here on Sunday, I know that I won't get it done that fast!!

I also joined another Knit A Long! Glutton for punishment that I am. It is the Mariah Along. It officially starts in February according to Eklectika. Happened across her blog when going through on of the blog rings and was quite please to see that she had started this up. The pattern is from the latest Knitty issue. Really glad to see that it is starting in February as I already have projects lined up for January.


No comments: