Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I have been knitting.......

Purple Poncho Posted by Hello


Here is the Poncho that I have made for Terri being modeled by my daughter. I am not sure if this will be long enough for her daughter. I am going to be bringing to her at work so that she can look at it and let me know. That way, I can add more tomorrow night if necessary. The pattern that I used was from Easy Knitting, Fall 2004. The yarn is 100% arcylic-Caron Amore. I used exactly was called for in the pattern. This is actually the second one that I have made. I made the first one for myself, however, my son (yes, the 15 year old) wears it around the house. He says that it is like a big blanket that he can wear. I have to sneak a picture of him sometime.

Jo Sharp Sarong Posted by Hello


This is the sarong that I made for my niece, Julia. She is a little more difficult to knit for since she lives in Hawaii. I have had to be more creative with her. I found this pattern in Jo Sharp's book 7, Family. I used about 10 balls of Jo Sharp Desert Garden in Lavendar for this project. It was acutally quite fun to make.

Hats!!! Posted by Hello


These are all of the hats that I have been making for the nieces and nephews that live in the continental US. Most of these were knit from yarn in my stash. The pretty purple is in 1824 Wool and the pink is in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. Those two yarns were fun to knit with. The others are in Crystal Palace Carnival. A really old yarn I found in my stash. Bought when I first found Elann about 4-5 years ago!

Tori's work Posted by Hello


Now this is what my daughter has knit. She has really been working hard with Mom lately. She has been knitting presents for everyone in the family. She has really come along. We had knitting club today (her school hosts this club) and she has started knitting with some eyelash yarn. I will post a picture when she finishes.

On top of all of this, I have also knit another Karabella silk boucle scarf (2 total in the past week). It is a simple garter stitch scarf, but is beautiful since the yarn is so yummy! I will have to post pics later. I am running out of room.

I have also updated my page with other blogs and sites that I have been reading for a while. I also joined another knit along (yes, I am crazy). This one is the Thing A Long. Since I was already working on this, I figured I should join. Besides, I blame KnitnMom, I saw it on her blog!

No comments: