Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I Have a Surprise!

Sorry that I haven't posted lately. I am EXTREMELY busy. Seems like I am running around all over. I really need to take time to blog. I feel like I am sooo out of touch and there is so much to tell.

Well, first of all.....the reason that I have so busy.......it really is a good reason........

I AM OPENING A YARN STORE!!!

What?? Don't believe me?? Well, got the incorporation paperwork back from the State of California today. Placed my first order for yarn and needles yesterday. Oh, and did I mention that we should have the lease signed in the next week?? Of course, I cannot forget to mention that I have a store manager.....Kaedean. She will also be running my education program. Yes, I have been extremely busy lately. Writing the business plan, incorporating, setting up the financial plan, looking for the perfect place, making sure that the funds set aside for this were sufficient. Amazing how quickly this can go if you have the right people helping you!

I am sure that there are a lot of questions from all of you out there. I will be posting regularly, I really will be. The biggest problem that I have been running into is the lack of time. The kids have been busy with their activities and I have been working on the business....there has been little time for knitting.

By the way, the name of the store is: Frog Pond Knits. I will be working with a web designer to get the web page up and will eventually start posting pictures of the store.

While all of this has been going on, I received a wonderful package in the mail:

Sockapalooza Socks! Posted by Hello

Aren't they lovely!! These were expertly made by Jennifer. They fit perfectly. I love them! Thank you Jennifer.

And, Jennifer's generousity didn't end with the lovely socks! Look at what else she sent me:
Gifts too! Posted by Hello


Two skeins of Koigu and an extra ball of the Cascade Fixation that she used to make the socks. I have to admit, the whole package was well worth the wait. Jennifer is the best sock pal.

Ok....I do have more to tell everyone, but it will have to wait until my next post. I am going to be late for meet up tonight if I don't get moving!!

No comments: