Sunday, April 10, 2005

I've Been a Bad Blogger

It's been a whole week since I last posted. May not seem like a lot, but it is. I usually post 3-4 times a week. This keeps me "honest" with my knitting (I stay on track and actually keep track of what I am knitting! otherwise, I find started projects all over the house!) There are a couple of reasons that I am slow in posting: 1) Daylights savings has really screwed up my clock and I have no idea how late it is until it is time to go to bed; 2) I haven't been home a lot because of the many knitting groups and of course children's activities; and 3) I have been cheating on blogger!!! Cheating on blogger? what could I possibly mean by that?? Well, I have been playing with Typepad. I know it is expensive, but I thought I should at least try it out since so many people have fun with it. If you happen to be a Typepad user, please let me know what you think of your service!!

So, in the past week, what knitting things have been happening? See for yourself:

Shoalwater Shawl-Finished! Posted by Hello


Yup, that's me. I'm on our balcony enjoying the view! I finally blocked the shawl and it came out so beautiful. See the close up:

Pattern Detail Posted by Hello


Finished size: 64" wide and 39" long, knit with Angel Hair in Black Cherry on size US6 needles. This was a pretty easy pattern. After the initial chart is completed, there are a lot of repeats so it actually goes pretty fast. I hadn't done an I-cord edging before, so I think that I may have done it too tight. The specs in the pattern say that it should be 72" wide. Honestly, I think that would have been too big for me. I am very happy with the finished project. I really wanted to make this after I had seen an ad for Fiber Trends with this pattern highlighted.

I have also finished the socks that I was working on for my husband.

Retro Rib Socks Posted by Hello

These were knit using Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Wilderness, with some leftover random sock yarn for the heels and toes. I liked this pattern so much that I will be knitting myself a pair soon.

In case you were wondering, this is what I was looking at when I was standing on our balcony:

Spring Is Finally Here Posted by Hello


Finally! A sunny weekend! I will be posting more this week. Well, that is the plan anyway!

No comments: