Monday, April 25, 2005

It's been a while....

Haven't been posting regularly. Sorry about that. I have been extremely busy lately. Have very little time for anything. I will be announcing something in the near future.....It's a surprise. It's part of what has been keeping me so busy. I promise to let you know soon.

In other news, I have finished a book that I would like to review for you!


Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norell by Susanne Clark

It was wonderful book. I was fortunate enough to listen to the audio version, all 32+ hours of it. I am glad that I chose to listen to this because there are many footnotes within the story that I may have skipped otherwise. At first, these would bother me as I really wanted the story to get going. I felt that the notes were an intrusion. However, after the first CD, I appreciated the information that was given. These little notes helped to give a history of English Magic that was necessary to the story. If you want a synopsis of this book, I will have to disappoint you. Suffice it to say, this book is a must read if you are interested in magic or fantasy. I will be voicing more of my opinion of this book on Knit One Read Too when the discussion begins on May 2.

I also finished another book:

Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke

Yes, this is an "young adult" book, but so is the Harry Potter series. What really drew me to this book was the narrator for the audio version: Brendan Fraser. I had read a review stating that he had done a fantastic job with the narration. I have to admit, it was wonderful. The story was quite good, however, it did not have the character development that I am use to in a story. I am sure that this is due to the fact that it is written for a younger reader. The story was enjoyable and had an interesting view on dragons. I think if I would had read this myself that the story would not have been as fun. If you have the chance to listen to the audio version of this book, I would highly recommend it. I am even looking forward to the next Cornelia Funke book that will be released in August with Mr. Fraser as the narrator.

That is all for now. I will post tomorrow....I promise. I have to update everyone on my knit alongs.

No comments: